Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine and Fertility
Acupuncture for Fertility
Alternative Methods for Reproductive Health
Many people are looking for ways outside of traditional medicine to alleviate pain and cure illness. Chinese medicine and acupuncture provide an alternative way of achieving health benefits. Someone may not immediately think of acupuncture and sticking needles in their skin to improve their health. Acupuncture is one of the oldest healing tools in the world and has been revered for its positive health benefits for thousands of years. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine have many health benefits including treatment options for reproductive health, fertility, pain management, stress and anxiety relief, insomnia and depression. Here are a few reasons to consider acupuncture and Chinese medicine for fertility.
Reasons to Seek an Acupuncturist
Women and men alike can benefit from seeing an acupuncturist for fertility reasons including:
- Experience with fertility issues – Chinese medicine is over 2000 years old. Fertility complications are not new. This can affect both male and female reproductive organs and can be shown differently with each person. A certified acupuncturist can help to differentiate the root cause of the problem. Acupuncture is performed to increase blood flow, balance the energy, calm the mind and body. Chinese Herbs are given to support the body’s hormones and nourish any deficiencies in the body.
- Need of ease during pregnancy – some women experience low back pain, pelvic pain, and other discomforts during pregnancy. Acupuncture can help with these pains and increase the chances of a smooth labor and birth.
- Comfort after the birth of a child – The mother and child both experience stress and trauma during birth. A mother can benefit from acupuncture. Acupressure can help soothe the infant, improve digestion and sleep.
Benefits of Acupuncture
- Blood flow Stimulation – Our bodies are full of tunnels and channels where blood and energy flows. This is carried through veins, arteries and energy meridians. Acupuncture activates energy to these points or channels to increase blood flow where needed. Basically, a feel-good massage or stimulation with acupuncture or acupressure, valuable for a man or woman trying to conceive.
- Stress Reduction – Stress can be a major burden dealing with fertility. Stress comes in many ways including failing to conceive, miscarriages, which are very common, or the burden of IVF treatments. Acupuncture can work to alleviate stress no matter what the concern is by focusing on calming one’s body and mind. Acupuncture combined with essential oils is great for stress relief.
- Acupuncture for fertility can introduce people to a new way of understanding reproductive health. It can also cement the practices of many who have been using this technique for years. Either way, the benefits and knowledge about the types and practices can benefit many, and bring an understanding of health, vitality, and exploring the options that work for all. Whether one is having fertility difficulties or just wishes to have the best pregnancy, from conception to birth and after, acupuncture is an option to be explored.